Terms and Policies
In-Person Class COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
Fall 2021 Semester (Updated July 19, 2021)
All health and safety guidelines are subject to change based on facility policies. Any Fall 2021 semester updates will be provided via email prior to taking effect.
Due to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), South Florida Music is doing everything possible to protect you, your family, our staff, and community. To this extent, South Florida Music will be following the Center of Disease-Control (CDC) with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation. Please note that all South Florida Music instructors are fully vaccinated. We ask that our families disclose their health history and continue to implement these sanitation and disinfection procedures.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Head/Body Ache
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
For the safety of all families, we ask that if you, your child, or a family member are experiencing any of these symptoms, please do not attend your in-person class.
The following South Florida Music safety protocols will be incorporated into all in-person classes:
- South Florida Music reserves the right to take temperature checks if site guidelines require or if other symptoms of illness are present.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes will be available in all classrooms.
- The maximum class enrollment will be based on the room size at each location, and all children and parents will have needed materials located within their designated area to ensure social distancing.
- All class instruments will be individually packaged and labeled by name. Disinfectant wipes will be available to sanitize any items at the conclusion of class before safely storing them for the next week's class. New instrument sets for at home and in-class use are available for purchase. Please click here or contact our office for more information.
- Music for Babies: Your enrollment fee includes the cost of a take home instrument kit for both the baby and the participating parent/guardian.
All families will adhere to the following guidelines when registering for an in-person South Florida Music class:
- As per our site rental agreements, all children (ages 2 and up) and adults must wear a cloth or surgical mask, properly fitted and secured with ear loops, during the duration of the class.
- Only one parent/guardian may participate in class with each enrolled child. Additional family members may be allowed to view the class from a distance if the room set up allows. Additional details will be provided in the site-specific email sent the week before classes begin.
- Each enrolled child must have his or her own adult present to assist with musical activities and maintaining social distancing throughout the class. South Florida Music understands that due to childcare availability, additional children may at times need to accompany their siblings/parent to class. Please be advised that only enrolled children will be allowed to actively participate in the class circle due to site specific capacity limits. Siblings may be allowed in the room based on space available; however, this attendance will be closely regulated to ensure social distancing is observed. If a sibling needs to attend a class, it is necessary for you to contact the office in advance for approval. Please be advised that the attending parent needs to be able to fully participate with the enrolled child. Therefore, siblings cannot become a disruption to the class environment and must be able to entertain themselves quietly.
- Families will be required to sign a weekly waiver upon entry disclosing any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 and/or travel, supporting the highest level of safety for all families, staff, and the facility.
- Additional toys, snacks, or sippy cups will not be allowed into the classroom.
- As per our site rental agreements, South Florida Music families are provided access to only the music classroom and designated bathroom facilities. No use of other site facilities, including playgrounds, will be allowed.
- If you, your child, or a member of your family is experiencing illness of any sort, please do not attend class. Refer to our Terms and Policies page for additional information regarding make ups if you do miss a class due to illness.
Please be advised that if national, state, local, or facility guidelines require the temporary or permanent closure of in-person classes, South Florida Music will transition to virtual learning. If a virtual format becomes necessary, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED. In the event that a class member does test positive for COVID-19, that class section will transition to virtual learning until more information is available and we deem it safe to resume. The individual with a positive test result must be cleared by a doctor before returning to class. If an instructor tests positive for COVID-19, classes will transition to virtual learning if the instructor is physically able to teach. Otherwise, additional information will be provided on a case by case basis.
If you or your family are unable or prefer not to follow the above guidelines, please consider enrolling in a virtual class instead. Should you have any questions or concerns, contact our office prior to registration.
- A parent, grandparent, or other adult caregiver must attend with the registered child and be present for the entire class, whether in person or online.
- Engaging with your child is a high priority in our classes! Please come dressed in comfortable clothes, ready to sit on the floor, and participate in a time of music-making and learning.
- Auditory stimulation is one key developmental area reinforced in our classes. Therefore, decreasing cell phone usage, side conversations with parents, and other distractions will increase your child’s potential.
- Our classes are designed to provide developmentally, age-appropriate activities for each class level. Engaging with your child is key to maintaining a productive learning environment! However, South Florida Music understands that due to childcare availability, additional children may at times need to accompany their siblings/parent to class:
- In-Person Classes: Please be advised that only enrolled children will be allowed to actively participate in the class circle due to site specific capacity limits. Siblings may be allowed in the room based on space available; however, this attendance will be closely regulated to ensure social distancing is observed. If a sibling needs to attend a class, it is necessary for you to contact the office in advance for approval. Please be advised that the attending parent needs to be able to fully participate with the enrolled child. Therefore, siblings cannot become a disruption to the class environment and must be able to entertain themselves quietly.
- Virtual Classes: If another sibling is in the virtual learning space, please encourage them to participate appropriately, or re-direct them to another activity until your enrolled child's music class has concluded.
- We understand that children will not always be engaged in each activity as intended, especially at our youngest levels! If you have concerns about your child’s participation, please know that your teacher is always available for assistance. A simple conversation can aid us in unlocking your child’s potential through music!
Please contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Refund Policy: Refunds must be requested in writing and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, refunds will be granted on the following schedule:
- Prior to the third class of the Fall 2021 semester: Refund of classes that have not yet occurred minus the cost of take home materials and processing fee.
- After the third class of the Fall 2021 semester: No refunds will be granted. A credit for the remaining classes in the semester (minus the take home materials and processing fee) may be granted for future semesters of South Florida Music (SFM). A credit may only be granted for the weeks following communication with the SFM office. Credits will not be granted during the final three weeks of any SFM semester.
Make Up Policy for Fall 2021
Babies through Piano Year 2: Based on availability, make up classes for full-semester enrollments may be offered in the form of a curricular-level appropriate recording or attendance of an in-person class pre-scheduled with the South Florida Music office. In-person make ups may be limited due to class size limits and will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis with no more than 3 make ups (combination of in-person or recorded) during the Fall 21 semester. No make up classes will be allowed in the final week of the semester. Please be advised that it is the parent’s responsibility to contact the office via email (email@example.com) before or after your absence to obtain options.
Piano 3 and 4: Because there is only one section of these piano levels offered during the Fall 21 semester, the SFM resource page contains the needed information to master the planned curriculum.If additional support is needed, please contact your instructor about arranging a private lesson for an additional fee.
Hurricane/Inclement Weather Policy: The safety of our families and security of our sites is South Florida Music’s number one priority. Severe inclement weather conditions are the most common and potentially most dangerous reason for the cancellation of our classes. If such an event is forecasted, South Florida Music follows the Miami-Dade County Public School Policy. In addition, if such an event occurs requiring the cancellation of our classes, please monitor your email and South Florida Music’s social media for the latest updates. If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather an extra make-up for any missed class will be provided. Please note, no refunds can be given for class cancellations due to inclement weather. We encourage you to contact our office for any further policy details, questions or concerns.
Section Change Policy: If you need to change sections within a level, please contact our office for assistance. A $15 section change fee will be charged if it is after the third week of our semester. Section changes are only allowed if space is available.
Class Cancellation Policy: South Florida Music, LLC reserves the right to cancel any class section due to insufficient enrollment or circumstances beyond our control.
Liability Release: I understand that South Florida Music, LLC will make every effort to provide a safe learning environment for scheduled classes and official events. I do hereby release South Florida Music, LLC, as well as any sites in contract with them, from liability due to accidents or injury that may occur while on the premises. I understand that the adult attending each class or event with the registered child is ultimately responsible for his or her health and safety.