South Florida Music COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
Fall 2021 Semester (Updated August 30, 2021)
All health and safety guidelines are subject to change based on facility guidelines. Any Fall 2021 semester updates will be provided via email prior to taking effect.
Due to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), South Florida Music is doing everything possible to protect you, your family, our staff, and community. To this extent, South Florida Music will be following the Center of Disease-Control (CDC) with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation. Please note that all South Florida Music instructors are fully vaccinated. We ask that our families disclose any exposure to or symptoms of COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Head/Body Ache
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
For the safety of all families, we ask that if you, your child, or a family member are experiencing any of these symptoms, please do not attend your in-person class.
The following South Florida Music safety protocols will be incorporated into all in-person classes:
- South Florida Music reserves the right to take temperature checks if site guidelines require or if other symptoms of illness are present.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes will be available in all classrooms.
- The maximum class enrollment will be based on the room size at each location, and all children and parents will have needed materials located within their designated area to ensure social distancing.
- All class instruments will be individually packaged and labeled by name. Disinfectant wipes will be available to sanitize any items at the conclusion of class before safely storing them for the next week’s class. New instrument sets for at home and in-class use are available for purchase. Please click here or contact our office for more information.
- Music for Babies: Your enrollment fee includes the cost of a take home instrument kit for both the baby and the participating parent/guardian.
All families will adhere to the following guidelines when registering for an in-person South Florida Music class:
- As per our site rental agreements, all children (ages 2 and up) and adults must wear a cloth or surgical mask, properly fitted and secured with ear loops, during the duration of the class.
- Only one parent/guardian may participate in class with each enrolled child. Additional family members may be allowed to view the class from a distance if the room set up allows. Additional details will be provided in the site-specific email sent the week before classes begin.
- Each enrolled child must have his or her own adult present to assist with musical activities and maintaining social distancing throughout the class. South Florida Music understands that due to childcare availability, additional children may at times need to accompany their siblings/parent to class. Please be advised that only enrolled children will be allowed to actively participate in the class circle due to site specific capacity limits. Siblings may be allowed in the room based on space available; however, this attendance will be closely regulated to ensure social distancing is observed. If a sibling needs to attend a class, it is necessary for you to contact the office in advance for approval. Please be advised that the attending parent needs to be able to fully participate with the enrolled child. Therefore, siblings cannot become a disruption to the class environment and must be able to entertain themselves quietly.
- Families will be required to sign a weekly waiver upon entry disclosing any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 and/or travel, supporting the highest level of safety for all families, staff, and the facility.
- Additional toys, snacks, or sippy cups will not be allowed into the classroom.
- As per our site rental agreements, South Florida Music families are provided access to only the music classroom and designated bathroom facilities. No use of other site facilities, including playgrounds, will be allowed.
- If you, your child, or a member of your family is experiencing illness of any sort, please do not attend class. Refer to our Terms and Policies page for additional information regarding make ups if you do miss a class due to illness.
Please be advised that if national, state, local, or facility guidelines require the temporary or permanent closure of in-person classes, South Florida Music will transition to virtual learning. If a virtual format becomes necessary, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED. In the event that a class member does test positive for COVID-19, that class section will transition to virtual learning until more information is available and we deem it safe to resume. The individual with a positive test result must be cleared by a doctor before returning to class. Should an instructor test positive for or be in quarantine due to exposure to COVID-19, classes will transition to virtual learning if the instructor is physically able to teach. Otherwise, additional information will be provided on a case by case basis.
If you or your family are unable or prefer not to follow the above guidelines, please consider enrolling in a virtual class instead. Should you have any questions or concerns, contact our office prior to registration.
Refund Policy: Refunds must be requested in writing and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, refunds will be granted on the following schedule:
- Prior to the third class of the Fall 2021 semester: Refund of classes that have not yet occurred minus the cost of take home materials and processing fee.
- After the third class of the Fall 2021 semester: No refunds will be granted. A credit for the remaining classes in the semester (minus the take home materials and processing fee) may be granted for future semesters of South Florida Music (SFM). A credit may only be granted for the weeks following communication with the SFM office. Credits will not be granted during the final three weeks of any SFM semester.
The South Florida Music Make Up Policy for Fall 2021
Babies through Piano Year 2: Based on availability, make up classes for full-semester enrollments may be offered in the form of a curricular-level appropriate recording or attendance of an in-person class pre-scheduled with the South Florida Music office. In-person make ups may be limited due to class size limits and will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis with no more than 3 make ups (combination of in-person or recorded) during the Fall 21 semester. No make up classes will be allowed in the final week of the semester. Please be advised that it is the parent’s responsibility to contact the office via email (email@example.com) before or after your absence to obtain options.
Piano 3 and 4: Because there is only one section of these piano levels offered during the Fall 21 semester, the SFM resource page contains the needed information to master the planned curriculum.If additional support is needed, please contact your instructor about arranging a private lesson for an additional fee.
- Early registration for subsequent semesters.
- The ability to earn thank you gifts/discounts from our referral program (see below).
- Access to other special discounts or perks that may be offered on occasion by South Florida Music.
Refer a friend and receive a SFM thank you gift. A maximum of three referrals will be honored per registered semester. Read below for full details:
- Referral must be a new family to our program. They must register and stay enrolled through the midpoint of the semester. Please visit our Schedule page for the current availability.
- Refer one family and receive a $10 off coupon valid for a future SFM registration.
- Refer two families and receive a $20 off coupon valid for a future SFM registration.
- Refer three or more families and receive a $30 off coupon valid for a future SFM registration.
- Encouraging the referring family to list your name under “How Did You Hear About Us” when completing their registration will ensure a thank you gift.
Our curriculum offers developmentally appropriate activities for each age group, and therefore, we ask the you register each child in the appropriate level for his or her age. The general age-ranges for each level appear on the product pages. If you have questions about what level would be best for your child(ren), please contact our office.
While we do not currently offer classes in Spanish, we do try to incorporate other languages when appropriate. A bilingual toddlers class (english and spanish) will also be offered at Temple Beth Am during the Fall 2021 semester.