During the spring 2021 semester, any in-person classes will be held at Westminster Christian School in Palmetto Bay. However, many of our class sections will remain online due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
By registering for an in-person class, you agree to adhere to specific health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You will also accept as part of South Florida Music’s Terms and Policies upon registration:
Due to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), South Florida Music is doing everything possible to protect you, your family, our staff, and community. To this extent, South Florida Music will be following the Center of Disease-Control (CDC) with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation. We ask that our families disclose their health history and continue to implement these sanitation and disinfection procedures.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Head/Body Ache
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
For the safety of all families, we ask that if you, your child, or any family member are experiencing any of these symptoms, please do not attend your in-person class.
The following South Florida Music safety protocols will be incorporated into all in-person classes:
- Temperature checks will be taken of all children and parents upon entry. If the temperature reading is 100.4 or higher, entry will not be allowed as per the site guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be dispersed upon entry and exit of the classroom.
- The maximum class enrollment will be 9 children and parents with all needed materials located within their designated area to ensure social distancing.
- All class instruments will be individually packaged and labeled by name. Disinfectant wipes will be available to sanitize any items at the conclusion of class before safely storing them for the next week’s class. New instrument sets for at home and in-class use are available for purchase. Please contact our office for more information.
- A Zoom parent welcome meeting will be scheduled prior to the start of the semester to review the class format, as well as the health and safety policies and procedures.
All families will adhere to the following guidelines when registering for an in-person South Florida Music class:
- Only one parent/guardian may attend class with each enrolled child.
- No siblings may attend unless they too are enrolled in the class. Each child must have his or her own adult present to assist with musical activities and maintaining social distancing throughout the class.
- All children (ages 2 and up) and adults must wear a cloth or surgical mask, properly fitted and secured with ear loops, during the duration of the class.
- Families will be required to sign a weekly waiver upon entry disclosing any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 and/or travel, supporting the highest level of safety for all families, staff, and the facility.
- Additional toys, snacks, or sippy cups will not be allowed into the classroom.
- As per our site rental agreement, South Florida Music families are limited to access of the music classroom and designated bathroom facilities. Please remain in your car until 10-minutes prior to the scheduled class time and return to your car immediately afterwards. No use of other site facilities, including playgrounds, will be allowed.
- If you, your child, or a member of your family is experiencing illness of any sort, please do not attend class.
- Due to the limited in-person class size, live make-up sessions for any missed session will be available. However, a recording of a similarly-aged class for home enjoyment will be provided upon request to the office.
Please be advised that if national, state, local, or facility guidelines require the temporary or permanent closure of in-person classes, South Florida Music will transition to virtual learning. If a virtual format becomes necessary, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED. In the event that a class member does test positive for COVID-19, that class section will transition to virtual learning for two weeks before returning to in-person classes. The individual with a positive test result must provide evidence of a negative test before returning.
If you or your family are unable or prefer not to follow the above guidelines, please consider enrolling in a virtual class instead. Should you have any questions or concerns, contact our office prior to registration.
Refund Policy: Refunds must be requested in writing and submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, refunds will be granted on the following schedule:
- Prior to the third class of the semester: Refund of classes that have not yet occurred minus the cost of take home materials and processing fee.
- After the third class of the Spring 2021 semester (February 13): No refunds will be granted. A credit for the remaining classes in the semester (minus the take home materials and processing fee) may be granted for future semesters of South Florida Music (SFM). A credit may only be granted for the weeks following communication with the SFM office. Credits will not be granted during the final three weeks of any SFM semester.
The safety of our families and security of our sites is South Florida Music’s number one priority. Severe inclement weather conditions are the most common and potentially most dangerous reason for the cancellation of our classes. If such an event is forecasted, South Florida Music follows the Miami-Dade County Public School Policy. In addition, if such an event occurs requiring the cancellation of our classes, please monitor your email and South Florida Music’s social media for the latest updates. If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather an extra make-up for any missed class will be provided. Given the virtual nature of our fall 2020/spring 2021 semesters, we know that inclement weather may also cause power and internet disruptions. These occurrences will be handled on a case by case basis. Please note, no refunds can be given for class cancellations due to inclement weather or outages. We encourage you to contact our office for any further policy details, questions or concerns.
- Early registration for subsequent semesters.
- The ability to earn thank you gifts/discounts from our referral program (see below).
- Access to other special discounts or perks that may be offered on occasion by South Florida Music.
Refer a friend and receive a SFM thank you gift. A maximum of three referrals will be honored per registered semester. Read below for full details:
- Referral must be a new family to our program. They must register and stay enrolled through the midpoint of the semester. Please visit our Schedule page for the current availability.
- Refer one family and receive a $10 off coupon valid for a future SFM registration.
- Refer two families and receive a $20 off coupon valid for a future SFM registration.
- Refer three or more families and receive a $30 off coupon valid for a future SFM registration.
- Encouraging the referring family to list your name under “How Did You Hear About Us” when completing their registration will ensure a thank you gift.
Our curriculum offers developmentally appropriate activities for each age group, and therefore, we ask the you register each child in the appropriate level for his or her age. The general age-ranges for each level appear on the product pages. If you have questions about what level would be best for your child(ren), please contact our office.
While we do not currently offer classes in Spanish, we do try to incorporate other languages when appropriate. A bilingual toddlers class may return in the future.