Music for Toddlers (1 Year-3rd Birthday)
Ages: 1 year until the 3rd birthday (Child should be walking to enroll at this level)
Class Length: 30 minutes, once a week
Take Home Materials (included in advertised price): Children’s picture book and recordings to accompany the curriculum
Optional Materials: Families will have a designated, sanitized instrument kit stored throughout the week for their own use. If you prefer your own NEW Instrument Kit for home or class use (containing 2 pairs of scarves, 2 pairs of egg shakers, 2 pairs of jingles, and 2 pairs of sticks), they are available here for $35.00.
In-Person Class Options:
- Wednesdays, 9:00-9:30am (Sept 8-Dec 8, No Class Nov 24) at Plymouth Congregational Church in Coconut Grove
- Wednesdays, 10:30-11:00am (Sept 8-Dec 8, No Class Nov 24) at Plymouth Congregational Church in Coconut Grove
- Saturdays, 9:30-10:00am (Sept 11-Dec 11, No Class Nov 27) at Temple Beth Am in Pinecrest Bilingual Section!
- Saturdays, 10:15-10:45am (Sept 11-Dec 11, No Class Nov 27) at Westminster Christian School in Palmetto Bay
- Saturdays, 11:15-11:45am (Sept 11-Dec 11, No Class Nov 27) at Plymouth Congregational Church in Coconut Grove
- Saturdays, 12:00-12:30pm (Sept 11-Dec 11, No Class Nov 28) at Westminster Christian School in Palmetto Bay
By registering for an in-person class, you agree to adhere to specific health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please visit our Terms and Policies page to review these guidelines, which you will also accept upon registration. In addition, a Zoom parent orientation will be scheduled the week before classes begin to ensure all are prepared for the first day!
Description: Participate and build a strong musical bond with your toddler through singing, chanting, moving, dancing, listening, and playing simple instruments. A mix of stationary and mobile activities will occur, making this level the best choice for children once they begin to walk independently. These activities bridge the natural connection between music and movement, while your child’s musical aptitude, listening abilities, and overall potential are enhanced and further developed.
Musical Goals: Feel and demonstrate steady beat; Encourage singing; Introduction to rhythm and tonal patterns; Begin to recognize musical form; Play a variety of age appropriate instruments; form a bank of familiar songs
Developmental Goals: Develop gross and fine motor skills; Build cognitive connections; Develop language connections and aural skills; Exhibit body awareness and self-regulation; Strengthen social, emotional, and self-help skills