In-Person Classes (Toddlers-4 Years Old)
$270.00 – $410.00
All in-person music classes during the Spring 2021 semester will be held at Westminster Christian School in Palmetto Bay. By registering for an in-person class, you agree to adhere to specific health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to review these guidelines, which you will also accept as part of South Florida Music’s Terms and Policies upon registration. For full course descriptions, click on the appropriate class level for more information about the curriculum from our virtual class pages.
A Zoom Parent Meeting to review all in-person class guidelines will be held on Tuesday, January 19th at 8:00pm. Please mark your calendar!
Duration: 15 weeks (Prefer an 8-week Mini Session? Click here!)
- Wednesdays: January 20th-May 5th, No Class March 31
- Fridays: January 22-May 7th, No Class April 2
- Saturdays: January 23rd-May 8th, No Class April 3
Music for Toddlers (under age 3): $270
- Wednesdays, 4:15-4:45pm
- Saturdays, 9:00-9:30am
Musical Cycle of Seasons (3 year olds): $310
- Saturdays, 9:45-10:30am
While the activities in this class are primarily designed for three year old children, those who have recently turned four are also welcome to enroll.
Music Makers at Home (4 year olds): $410 Includes glockenspiel instrument. Please contact our office if you already have a glockenspiel from a previous enrollment!
- Saturdays, 12:00-1:00pm
As an added bonus, children enrolled in any in-person music class will have access to a video playlist of musical activities. These can be enjoyed as many times as you wish during your time of enrollment.
Looking for an online class? Click on the appropriate curricular level to be taken to virtual class pages for additional details!
By registering for an in-person class, you agree to adhere to specific health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. You will also accept as part of South Florida Music’s Terms and Policies upon registration:
Due to the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), South Florida Music is doing everything possible to protect you, your family, our staff, and community. To this extent, South Florida Music will be following the Center of Disease-Control (CDC) with regard to social distancing practices and sanitation. We ask that our families disclose their health history and continue to implement these sanitation and disinfection procedures.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Head/Body Ache
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
For the safety of all families, we ask that if you, your child, or any family member are experiencing any of these symptoms, please do not attend your in-person class.
The following South Florida Music safety protocols will be incorporated into all in-person classes:
- Temperature checks will be taken of all children and parents upon entry. If the temperature reading is 100.4 or higher, entry will not be allowed as per the site guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be dispersed upon entry and exit of the classroom.
- The maximum class enrollment will be 9 children and parents with all needed materials located within their designated area to ensure social distancing.
- All class instruments will be individually packaged and labeled by name. Disinfectant wipes will be available to sanitize any items at the conclusion of class before safely storing them for the next week’s class. New instrument sets for at home and in-class use are available for purchase. Please contact our office for more information.
- A Zoom parent welcome meeting will be scheduled prior to the start of the semester to review the class format, as well as the health and safety policies and procedures.
All families will adhere to the following guidelines when registering for an in-person South Florida Music class:
- Only one parent/guardian may attend class with each enrolled child.
- No siblings may attend unless they too are enrolled in the class. Each child must have his or her own adult present to assist with musical activities and maintaining social distancing throughout the class.
- All children (ages 2 and up) and adults must wear a cloth or surgical mask, properly fitted and secured with ear loops, during the duration of the class.
- Families will be required to sign a weekly waiver upon entry disclosing any symptoms or exposure to COVID-19 and/or travel, supporting the highest level of safety for all families, staff, and the facility.
- Additional toys, snacks, or sippy cups will not be allowed into the classroom.
- As per our site rental agreement, South Florida Music families are limited to access of the music classroom and designated bathroom facilities. Please remain in your car until 10-minutes prior to the scheduled class time and return to your car immediately afterwards. No use of other site facilities, including playgrounds, will be allowed.
- If you, your child, or a member of your family is experiencing illness of any sort, please do not attend class.
- Due to the limited in-person class size, live make-up sessions for any missed session will not be available. However, a recording of a similarly-aged class for home enjoyment will be provided upon request to the office.
Please be advised that if national, state, local, or facility guidelines require the temporary or permanent closure of in-person classes, South Florida Music will transition to virtual learning. If a virtual format becomes necessary, NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED. In the event that a class member does test positive for COVID-19, that class section will transition to virtual learning for two weeks before returning to in-person classes. The individual with a positive test result must provide evidence of a negative test before returning.
If you or your family are unable or prefer not to follow the above guidelines, please consider enrolling in a virtual class instead. Should you have any questions or concerns, contact our office prior to registration.