On Sunday, March 18th, nearly 70 students ages 6-18 performed in the South Florida Music Spring Recitals! Audiences at three separate showtimes were delighted by a variety of piano, vocal, and instrumental selections ranging from the Baroque Era to current Disney hits. While many of the performers are private students of the South Florida Music Directors, members of our Year 3 piano class, as well as enrolled siblings, were also invited to perform.
Our annual Spring Recitals allow our students an opportunity to share their musical achievements through solo performance, practice their public speaking, and for the piano students, serves as a warm up for their National Guild evaluations in June. In addition, we were able to celebrate together the following achievements of our talented young adults:
- Ethan L. : Accepted to South Miami Middle School Band Magnet Program
- Erin Q. : Accepted to New World School of the Arts
- Aria T. : Personal records in all events and a 2nd place finish in Team Relay at the Junior Olympics Swimming Competition
- Katarina S. : Top Girl Scout Cookie Seller in Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties
- Samantha M. : Superior Rating at the State Thespians Competition
Bravo to all! We are so proud of your many accomplishments.
We invite you to view a gallery of images from our Spring Recitals below! The next opportunity to see our young musicians perform will be at the 2nd Annual South Florida Music Spring Benefit Concert on Sunday, April 22nd. For further information and to purchase tickets, please visit the Friends of South Florida Music website.